Located just 25 minutes from the Windsor–Detroit border is the Town of Kingsville, an agricultural community along the north shore of Lake Erie and the southernmost town in Canada.
Since its amalgamation in 1999, the Town of Kingsville now boasts a population of 21,552 and has grown to 247 square kilometers.
Kingsville’s ideal climate, agricultural community, and convenient location with easy access to international borders and major highways has made the town gain further attention and appeal.
As part of the Town of Kingsville’s development plans, staff were looking to focus on the growth of the municipality as a regional service centre.
To accomplish this, the Town decided its website needed an update. Staff wanted a straightforward and intuitive website that made publishing and managing content easy and reliable. It had to provide relevant information to the proper stakeholders (including residents, businesses, potential visitors, potential residents, potential investors, and Town staff), include key economic development information, promote tourism and community events, and include accessible online applications and fillable forms.
Embracing the value of collaboration and the value of a user-centric design, the Town of Kingsville partnered with eSolutionsGroup to launch a new, fully responsive website that provides residents with easy access to information about Kingsville.
The new site’s features include:
• An i:Create content management system (CMS) that allows staff to publish and edit content which is relevant, consistent and meets the needs of visitors
• New i:Create modules including Business Directory, Parks and Facilities and Events Calendar deliver easy-to-search information, relevant to stakeholders
• A new, intuitive sitemap that includes centralized and targeted messaging related to economic development opportunities in Kingsville
• An ability to filter, register and subscribe to specific events and programs using the Calendar Module
• Citizens can now interact with the Town through accessible surveys and forms for applications, licenses, permits and feedback